Monday, March 9, 2009

Takashi Murakami's "nice art"

As I was browsing the websites I stumbled across this artists artwork and it caught my attention because the style looked very familiar. And so I wikipedia the artist Takashi Murakami and looked and then, there it was yep He was the one that designed Kanye's album the Graduation cover as well as the Teddy bear, if your not sure then look at Kanye's bear and look at this picture's eyes you'll see the similarity in the design and a common theme.

So I read up a Little bit on Mr. Murakami to learn a Little bit about this popular well known artist around the world; born February 1st 1963, in Tokyo. His artwork style is called "Superflat" He's done many paintings and designed handbags for Louis Vuitton, attended the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, he pursued a doctorate in Nihonga which is a mix of western and eastern culture styles dating back since the 19th century. His style is Anime and Manga based, he also does sculptures as well as you can see in some of the pictures below.

Very trendy Artwork his popularity is all over the world and still growing, and was labelled in 2008 as one of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people.




very interesting I wonder what he calls this creature?



My dreams that I dream at night are wild and colorful but not as colorful as this, very nice.



I'm thinking this is something Abstract but I'm not sure, I'm probably wrong, I bet my friend could tell me better so. But its a very nice piece



This one kind of reminds me of the school creature on Kanye's Graduation album















Louis Vuitton design











0 comments: